This salad can be served on its own by adding tomatoes, radishes & lettuce to it ( any of your favourite vegetables will be just fine ) or it’s perfect as a side salad to any fish or cheese dishes.
- 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 red onion finely chopped
- 1/4 fennel finely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber finely sliced
- 1 handful of coriander leaves ( optional )
- Salt & pepper to taste
Place all chopped ingredients in a salad bowl. Pour the dressing on just before serving and mix in well.
Lime & Garlic Vinaigrette
- Juice & zest of 1/2 lime
- 2 medium cloves of garlic crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 1 &1/2 teaspoon of golden syrup
- 120 ml virgin olive oil
- 25ml apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon of dried oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
Place all ingredients in a jar, put the lid on and shake really well till all ingredients combine.
Vinaigrette will keep in the fridge for 2 weeks.